Friday, November 18, 2016

Growing up with Pizza

I have found that the best pizza is the pizza you grew up with. I have Italian Friends who come from New Haven CT who swear by Frank Pepes a brick oven joint. To me it is thin and useless. I myself grew up with Mystic Pizza, a Greek owned restaurant. This was the Mystic Pizza before this crap happened...




That is just Hollywood fan crap. The original was owned by the father, he used Blodgett ovens and it was just a few rows of booths and a counter. The food was great. He allowed the name to be used in the movie, sold the place to the kids and it all became just another chain drive oven pizzeria.

For a long time after I couldn't find the type of Pie I grew up with, until I started working in New London.  Pizzarama Drive in.




back when Mystic Pizza had good food people took tourist photos of the area, 

Funny thing is, most people who took the photos were looking for the New England village look, they cropped and made sure the pizzahouse and laundromat weren't in the photo.



Now...They drive here to get a photo under a sign...
Go figure



No comments:

Post a Comment