Friday, March 25, 2016

You Wave

Your riding along, a bike comes the other way, you wave, It's what we do. Some say it's a throwback to the days of yore, when knights approached each other they raised an empty hand to show they were not armed for battle. 

I believe it is more an acknowledgment of another rider, a show of respect to a brother (or sister) on two. As for armed, I always am, but I still wave. 

There are days, really nice days, when the weather is perfect and the road calls to you and it seems that, because there are so many bikes out, you do more waving than riding. 







So what say, you are tired of waving, you want to just cruise along having a good time without the need to wave to everyone, (Bikes meets are a good time for this). Let's just say, "You want to Wave your need to Wave."  But you don't want to piss off your fellow riders by ignoring them. 

Well here are a couple ideas...

There is the, "Camouflaged style, maybe they won't notice it isn't me". This not only does the job and when people realize it is a mirror they find in humorous.

There is the "blatant but comical style", they will notice, they know you aren't waving, but perhaps they will not find it disrespectful.



Then there is the "I have this Totally covered method" This is the " It is my arm because I stole it off a mannequin, It is waving, So don't give me no shit approach". 

No comments:

Post a Comment