Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Reason I hate Poker runs

I've met a lot of people over the years and it has always astounded me how many Motorcyclist consider participating in a poker run as fun, some even consider it an achievement, and many consider it riding!. "I did four Poker Runs last year".
 Being a member of a Club that prides itself on supporting charitable events, I have attended many Poker Runs over the years, (Sometimes they were every weekend).  I understand the Charitable aspect, and most of the events are for necessary causes and should be supported, but don't call them rides. What most of these events consist of is short bursts on bikes and long waits in bars. 

Here is my idea of a relaxing Saturday ride, enjoying the countryside, cruising back roads.


This is an average Poker run...

Let's compare the two...


Can you see the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment