Thursday, August 20, 2015

PANIC !!!!!

I just checked the mail tonight and found a bill from the insurance company telling me I need to pay the insurance on both bikes. What?

I paid that bill, I went to the company changed a couple listings and....

They couldn't accept payment because their system was down...

they gave me a phone number to call to pay it.

I did pay it...right?

I pulled out the policy copy with the phone number written on it, it matches the bill I just got....
Changes are on there....same policy number...

Didn't I call them back to pay it?

I went online to my bank, Pulled up transactions from July 15 through current on my Primary checking account.....nothing

same dates, secondary checking account...nothing

how about the savings account....nope

The house account?    Nope.

Panic!!!

Wait!!!!  The credit card. I went to that site....nope.

I have no record of paying it.

Where do I come up with another $760.00?

As a last thought I checked the bill pay account I use on my computer, I wrote "$755.81 phone" under July. I wouldn't have written it if I hadn't paid it. I looked at the date I paid it...07/13.

Two days earlier than I had searched, signed back into the bank site, set it for 7/1 through current. There it was. Time to call the insurance company.

I called them gave them the account number, Yup all paid up.

Then why the bill in the mail?

The Insurance company said they hadn't sent a bill, the only one they sent was on the 10th of July.

Checked the post date on the envelope...July 10, 2015.

Come ON!!!   I've heard it called Snail Mail, but over a month to get here from Virginia?

I don't get my mail in regularly either, but I have paid other bills since last month that came in the mail.

Must have fallen behind some desk at the post office.




No comments:

Post a Comment