Monday, April 20, 2015

When I was a kid in the 1960's, Vietnam was in full swing,

The Korean Conflict was only 10 or so years earlier and World war II was only 20 years ago.  To me, at the time World War I was ancient history, but when you stop and think about it, that war started on July 28th, 1914, that was less than a lifetime before my birth. Forty six years to be exact. Now, to look back on it, Vietnam ended in 1975 with the fall of Saigon. I was 15. That was forty years ago, almost as old to someone born today as World War One was to me.






World War I introduced the machine gun, and gas warfare, it also produced the birth of Airships, airplane warfare, submarine warfare and the armored assault vehicle, the Tank.



from then til now...










Today, World War One started over a Hundred years ago, it's amazing what has come and gone when you hang around for a half a century

No comments:

Post a Comment