Friday, November 28, 2014

What's the word I'm looking for?

     Tree called me yesterday and asked if I wanted to meet her for breakfast, she said she was thinking of riding and wanted to know how the roads were. I told her I hadn't been outside yet and did not know. I jumped in the shower then made ready to head to the diner. I thought about it, if she can ride down out of Norwich when it's 34 degrees out (that's 1.1111 celsius), then what kind of wimp would I look like if i showed up in a cage. So I ran out to the garage in my underwear and bare feet, started Charlene up, waved to the neighbor (Melissa), and ran back in the house. I threw on my knee brace. I want to mention here that the MRI came back and there is no stability issue just wear and tear and there needs to be a little surgery to clean up the meniscus. I have a meeting with the Surgeon on the 2nd to set up the procedure, which is minor, a little hole cutting, camera insertion, a couple tools stuffed into the knee, some quick cutting, stitches, four days of crutches and back out and about. Anyway, brace on, I grabbed a long sleeve shirt, some...pants, socks, boots, hoody, leather jacket, Chaps, vest, gloves, shades and skunk fuzzy. I walked out to the garage like, Did you ever see the movie "A Christmas Story"? The little brother who couldn't put his arms down, wobbled along and when was knocked over couldn't get up...Yeah...I walked like that. 


I flexed myself onto the bike, backed it out of the garage, and headed for the diner, the only issue I had was when I turned onto the Interstate the State had dropped salt all over the ramp, the bike slid around a bit on the salt marbles but stayed up. I arrived at the diner, took a booth and Tree joined me. she was wearing...cage clothes. She said, I figured you would have rode seeing as it was only three miles, I informed her that if I had known she wasn't riding I wouldn't have because it took longer to get ready to ride than the three miles took. 

After breakfast I cruised down through Mystic, the bridge, I found, was a tad slippery, the steel was covered in white ice and the concrete sections were something to avoid. I pretty much angled the bike going onto the bridge and held the line straight across. 

I headed home, put the bike away , walked inside and shed the layers. The weather was what one might call...oh...what's the word?  Oh yeah...COLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment