Friday, November 21, 2014

It's gonna be one of those days...t

For me it started yesterday, alright, actually it started last night, after I got home from the Motorcycle Club. I parked the car in the driveway, walked into the house, emptied my pockets, I hate walking around the house with a wallet and keys. As I walked down the hall I noticed that my right foot was slipping a bit, I looked down and noticed blood, blood and meat particles, I looked behind me and saw there was a trail of blood goop on the floor, I walked outside, scraped off the slime, came back in mopped the floor, then told the cat thank you for bringing me a dead thing and leaving it on my steps, (they do that). I am not sure what the animal was, because she had enjoyed he diner before she brought me home her left overs.

I swept off one of two new stairway treads in preparation for staining, I decided to stain the third shelf up, this turned out to be a good decision. I have to say, the step came out fantastic and I will have to sand the rest and re-stain them all, it looks that good. As I stepped back to compare it to the original stain I hooked the gallon, it flipped over and stained the two steps below the new tread and the living room floor. A entire roll of paper towels later and that mess was cleaned up and left to dry.

 I, at this time, have to declare that I always gave cats more credit than I guess I should have. You would think a cat, being as defensive and cautious as they are, would be able to smell the stain, be able to realize it's paws were wet with something that smells and tastes bad, and yet my cat went up and down the stair case about ten times having to lick her pads every time. I tried to block the area off, but cats can jump pretty high and are experts at negotiating obstacles. 

This morning I came to work knowing I am short one person and have a second person working a half day, knowing this ahead of time means its not really and issue. What issue I do have this morning is that the program we use most at work, the one which conveys work information and inter-department communication and responsibility, the system that does all the pricing, all the requests, all the notifications, all the everything....Won't turn on.

I love a good Friday, BMW customers have a habit of wanting everything their way and everything now. Fridays are always bad days because these people want their vehicles for the weekend and they can be ugly. So having the system that everyone relies on to see what is here, what is ordered, what has to be ordered, and when ordered parts will be here  not working?

Not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment