Wednesday, April 30, 2014

two carriers and a Canoe


There are three ships in this photo, The USS Saratoga CV60 (left), the USS Forrestal CV59 (right) and to the far left...
                              (Photo taken in Newport RI)
That little boat just barely visible, is BB61 the USS Iowa. 

Standing there in person it is amazing just how big a carrier is, and two of them make you think there are giants in the world. But perception is funny, the small ship to the left, is entirely dwarfed by these two floating Cities with Airfields on the roof, and yet a Battleship is a rather large vessel in it's own right. 



And this is the same philosophy I base my life on, I cook at work, I bring food to work, I feed the entire company...because if everyone in the place gets big and fat....I look better standing next to them.

(the Iowa has since been moved...LA I believe)

No comments:

Post a Comment