Wednesday, April 30, 2014

REFINISHING TIP ONE

I have a head and foot board I needed to strip and refinish. the problem was that the risers have round sections and rounded sections plus close in sections and there was no way to strip it down with an orbital sander...So.. I cheated. Since the only way to clean the old paint off the existing posts was to sit down with a piece of sandpaper and get busy, I decided to blow it off. The original color was white so I stained the areas I could strip and painted over the areas I couldn't using antique eggshell. not the head and foot board match the hardwood floor (still to be sanded and refinished), and the room trim since that's the paint I used.


Being lazy can have it's rewards...you just have to sit back in your recliner, have a relaxing cup of coffee, a smoke, and think about away around work.



No comments:

Post a Comment