Sunday, January 7, 2018

The temperature is biting cold....

It's the time of year when going out side means dressing in layers. Last night I fired up the snowblower to clean up what the plows had deposited at the end of the driveway and walkway and within a few minutes the gloves were about useless, the cold bit right through. Not only does the cold hurt your hands but it bites you in the ass, the wallet pocket to be exact. I have gone through a 1/4 of a tank in two weeks....just money going up the pipe, but without it, frozen pipes and dead bodies.

I have talked to quite a few people and have found no one who enjoys the cold, sure some like Winter, some like Danny who is a bit strange anyway. I have thought long and hard and have come up with only one person who seems to enjoy the fact that everyone is uncomfortable and trying like hell to stay warm.

This is because he has a reverse wallet, the more you hide from the weather, the more time you spend inside, trying to stay toasty, the more he likes it. It's almost as if he's a Snow Demon, he lives for this time of year, he wants people calling him and telling him their cold. 


He has a direct line from your oil tank to his wallet. He may gripe about having to go out in the bitter cold, but his wallet keeps him warm.

Anyone know who I'm talking about?

I think I'll find out from Dale the next time I see him, growing up...was Dave's favorite cartoon the Winter Warlock or Cold Miser?



No comments:

Post a Comment