Sunday, December 27, 2015

We're getting into that season again.

I took Charlene out for a ride this morning, the weather was damp, lots of fog and mist, (in Jonesport Maine they called them the Vapors). It wasn't really cold out, of course it is hard to tell when you have thermals, chaps, two shirts, leather jacket, vests and heated grips. I can say it felt comfortable. The dampness though, soaked through, not through the gear, through my bones, I am not quite sure how it gets through one without the other, but I felt comfortable, it's just that from the waste down everything hurt. 



I have found that this time of the year I start getting depressed with the pain and start thinking of Trikes. I actually don't care for riding a trike, they just don't handle the way a bike does. The other alternative is a sidecar, but that is another driving style that takes time to get used to. Truthfully a trike or a side car really wouldn't help, you see, when parts start to hurt, the simple act of getting on and off a bike becomes a challenge. This time of year I also start seeing myself handicapped, walking with canes..S

Or as my father, stuck in a house, unable to go out, confined to a chair. We do after all share the same disease, the main difference being, he had me to take care of the things he couldn't and occasionally get him out of the house. The truth is we have something else in common, he had me to take care of things, and that is exactly what I have.

Oh,  maybe it's time to start looking for a car.

Don't worry, I won't, I think about this every year and the truth is when the heat comes back I will place those thoughts way back in the deep dark recesses of my mind. That place where we fear to go, because that area where I keep the trikes and no riding thoughts in the nicer weather is the same place nightmares come from.




No comments:

Post a Comment