Monday, December 21, 2015

Puerto Rican, Italian, Chinese Chicken Chow mein

What?

The other night I bought an order of Chicken Chow Mein and an order of wings from my local Chinese Restaurant, I got home, ate two of the five wings, an egg roll, then decided I didn't want the chow mein, so I threw the chow mein in the fridge, and cooked a burger.

Yesterday, looking in the fridge, I decided I still didn't want Chinese, but, I also didn't want it to go to waste. So I took the chicken out, stripped it off the bones threw the meat in a cast iron pan with some veggie grease and browned it up, I added a bit of salt and pepper and Adobo. I then decided a little zip might be nice so I added a few dozen pepperoni slices to the chicken and cooked out the grease. I then dumped in the white rice and chicken chow main and added a tad of soy sauce. The Adobo smelled so good in the mix I decided to lean a little more towards the southern climes rather than the Chinese. I remembered I had a jar  of (Goya) Sofrito (Red), I added four large table spoons of that as it all simmered.

What came out was very much like a Spanish Rice and chicken with veggies plate but with a pepperoni twist.

You know something, It wasn't half bad

No comments:

Post a Comment