Saturday, February 28, 2015

Helmet Laws

As for myself I ride without a helmet unless I am going into a State which requires one, this was not always the case, when I was younger I wore one all the time.

I have friends who ride with helmets, friends who ride without helmets and friends who should wear a full face helmet with smoked or tinted lens whether they are riding or not.





Many people feel the same way, riding without a helmet gives a sense of freedom, being out in the world and part of the world.



The way I see it, it should be up to the Rider to decide whether they want a helmet on or not, not some bureaucrat who believes they know best.

That said, Things can go wrong on a motorcycle and when it does, it happens Fast.


A helmet can save you from a lot of pain and suffering, not to mention disabling injuries or death.



Not wearing a Helmet doesn't mean you will automatically die in a crash, 


On the same token Wearing a Helmet isn't the end all cure all for life and limbs in an accident either. There are times when nothing short of being in a cage will help you.

As seen in this quick link: (Warning Graphic)

But no matter what decision is made, it should be the Right of the Rider to choose.

(What I find rather humorous is the word Graphic, people who don't want to know about or see something often cannot refuse the pull to look at Graphic.)


No comments:

Post a Comment