Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Woodchips and sawdust

Because the DWE7480 isn't actually designed for a dado blade
it's hard to fine zero tolerance inserts.
I found two on line that may work and ordered one
of each.  I could probably make them using the scroll 
 saw but it is still not mounted as of yet.

In the mean time I was performing the cuts leaving the entire saw 

insert removed. This is not actually the safest thing to do, plus the
 sawdust and woodchips fly up out of the saw and plaster me. 

















The inserts should be in next week, in the mean time I have two shelf sections almost complete, (missing baseboards). I have made all the cuts on the third shelf section and tonight will be measuring and cutting the uprights and shelves for the west wall. With them all cut all I should need to do is cut the zero tolerance insert and perform all the dado cuts for both remaining sections, once that is done it will just be a matter of painting and mounting.

That will bring me to the floor work.

No comments:

Post a Comment