Friday, January 1, 2016

Hey!! You need Wake up...Food Ready!!!

What?   Huh?   Oh..Yeah..

Let me start at the beginning..Well, not the beginning because that involves God and the creation, as a matter of fact we won't even start at the beginning of the day, Because that would be an argument with my cat, a ride to the diner, breakfast, a ride home and puttering around waiting for time to pass.

let us start a little later in the day, but I should warn you, I am typing this while not quite in the best shape I have been in. So let me just say, thank God and Technology for spell correction.

For all intensive purposes today started with my second outing, the one where I got dressed in my finest riding clothes and headed out to meet the Club. The reason for the ride was to support a member in his plunge into the Atlantic to help out the homeless. We met in Groton at the Townhouse, where, when I arrived the Club was eating breakfast. having already eaten I opted for a coffee and an order of bacon.  because the Club had arrived in force, many of the chairs and tables had been reconfigured. So I sat at a sort of booth, two bench chairs facing each other without a table betwixt them, because the Club had stolen the table for their own use. I ordered a coffee and a side of bacon, where I almost got a date with the waitress because upon placing my order I mentioned that I was easy, at which point she replied, "oh yeah? How easy, I have nothing going on." Ya gotta love the service industry when they have a sense of humor.

It was nice to be amoungst the troops again, since it has been a while since I have seen a lot of their faces. 
Taking a break right here while I stuff my face with Lemon Chicken, Pork Lo Mein and Beef fried rice. The great thing about being a tad under the influence is that you have a wide variety of food choices to eat because the slightly inebriated mind orders by sound and not by hunger level.

Back to the day at hand, The Club finished Breakfast and headed south from the Groton Townhouse to Eastern Point beach by way of Thames Street.  We arrived at Eastern Point beach and were surprised to find even less of a crowd than last year. Every year the turn out is lighter, The dive into the salty brine is to collect monies for the homeless, so either there aren't as many homeless anymore, which I rather doubt, or the public is forgetting about the issue as they muddle through their daily lives. 

Anyway, one benefit of a small turnout is the ease at which one can get to the coffee and foodstuffs.

Twelve noon rolled around, the people ran in, the people ran out. 

 After the plunge, Danny, Brenda (with her Guy) and I headed out, through Groton and Mystic to the diner for coffee then my house for some drinks.

At this point I will take a break from typing, you will not be aware of this as you read because you will see no actual break. As for myself I will tell you the other problem with booze is, that not only do you order more food that the normal person can possible eat at one sitting, but as a slightly intoxicated person you can eat more that the normal person. As a matter of fact, which I will pay for later tonight or tomorrow, I can eat everything I ordered.

After the diner we all headed to my house where we sat or stood around and visited  a bit. Also during this time they wandered around checking out the progress or lack of progress I have made in working on the house. As we did this I poured shots, 151 aged Rum, 150 proof South Carolina moonshine and JD Tennessee Honey. As for myself I prefer the aged rum, Danny the Moonshine, Brenda the Tennessee Honey. This meant that not only did I drink my two Rums, but also finished Danny's and Brenda's Rum, and Brenda's moonshine. This is where the buzz started. Danny headed home, Brenda and  Chris headed out and I decided to get Charlene some gas, and buy some K pacs of coffee from Dunkin since I was out. I headed to Mobil, topped of the bike and picked up coffee, booze was starting to make it self known. I rode Charlene across the parking lot, walked into the Chinese restaurant, ordered a load of food and went back to the bike to kick up my feet, light a cig and wait.
 In what seemed like no time at all I had a cute Chinese girl shaking me and saying, "You need Wake up, food ready".  I love good customer service. I grabbed the food, threw it in the tour-pak and headed home to type this. 

I was going to give you a couple tid bits of information, some thoughts I had today, but my brain has turned to shit....
So, here are some photos from the dive.




Great, pasty legs


Damn I look good!!!





Paul on his phone





Bill getting a little tongue









Someone found the selfie switch











tats...




Wait, is that Paul on his phone..still?





Hey wake up!!



Great grinders...Pizza..not so great, nasty even

I would write more, but...
for some reason
I don't feel that hot right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment