Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Remember when you had to have it now

You were looking through your magazine, or your fathers magazine, or your mothers magazine, OK, the point is, you were looking through a damn magazine, I don't care if it was your Grandfathers Uncles Sons on your mothers side. 

In the back there was a section which was entirely advertisements, there were a few sections in the middle like this too, but I digress. Suddenly!!!  You didn't have enough money!!!  Let's see, Mow the lawn, rake the leaves, empty the trash, re-shingle the roof, what could you do to get money fast, because you had to have one of these. They were in every magazine now, in lots of places, it seemed as if everyone was building and selling them, and you just knew everyone out there was going to have one, everyone...except you.



Sears was even doing scooters and small motorcycles




















They were beautiful, did you ever get one?
























Yeah...I never got one either, and the ad Agencys knew I couldn't afford one, so they came at us a different way...

Those Ad bastards sat in their offices and thought, "Gee, little Marky can't afford a mini bike, lets torture him a little more"



But you know what, I don't mind never having had a mini bike, I got even in the end...

maybe I would never be able to buy one of those cool little bikes....
but I bought the handlebars..

.

No comments:

Post a Comment