Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Critter night

I was cruising home from dinner tonight on Jenny, tooling along on 184, I watched the car in front of me lock up it's brakes, I applied mine and watched a deer bound across the road in front of the car. What I didn't notice was the one that crossed the road at a gallup between me and the car, until that is...it was about this close...


Riding up Godfrey road in Mystic I again got a chance to break in my new rear tire as another critter tumbled down a small hill, landed in the road ahead of me then took off running.


In case you have never seen a  Phalangeriformes running at full speed, I can tell you, it isn't fast. It's sort of a waddling scamper. It's feet flailing, body wiggling all over and making very little head way.
It brings across the point as to why there are so many dead ones in the road.


By the way...Amazon sells them for about $8.99

No comments:

Post a Comment