Saturday, October 11, 2014

Being sick for the last week...

I have had a chance to watch some movies... a lot of movies, Live, Die Repeat, North by Northwest, Operation Pacific, Across the Pacific, Action in the North Atlantic...

I also had a chance to watch quite a few Television shows, a truly depressing show is Monsters inside me, it is truly reassuring to know that if you ever get sick or crippled because of an invading parasite, doctors will not have a clue what it is and send me on my way telling me I am healthy. Years of pain and frustration are guaranteed before I find one doctor who says..maybe it's a parasite or a virus. But, I have gone off course here completely. 

I watched a movie named simply "Motorcycle". Had I read the run time I probably wouldn't have bothered. The film won awards in one of those Film Festivals.  The movie starts out in Thailand with a couple people watching kick boxing, the phone rings, The grandson is sent to find the grandfather, he runs through town, out into the country and finds gramps sitting in a shed. Gramps heads to town to await the call back. He answers the phone. One of the guys watching television comes in to talk to him and finds the phone on a sack of rice and Grandpa is gone. Scene change, Grandpa arrives in a rice patty and tells Grandma, that their son has died, "he got drunk and fell off his motorcycle". He instructs grandma to go to the city and bring the body home. Grandma asks what he is going to do, He drops a rifle over his shoulder and says "I need to get food for the funeral, no one will come without food". Grandpa wanders into the woods, shoots a couple puny little birds, ties them on his belt and heads home. (I guess they're not expecting too much of a crowd).

End of movie.  20 minutes long, No motorcycle, but film critics loved it. 

Film critics seem to be a weird group of people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment