Saturday, December 13, 2014

Had my knee operated on on Thursday

It was quick, of course I was out cold, so what's three hours. My 24 hours of being babysat was handled by a Mother Daughter team.


 I am currently sitting in my recliner, which is what I have been doing since I got home. Walking, mainly between the recliner and the toilet is done with crutches and when I do leave the room I have to remove my leash. I am currently connected to a refrigerator which has about six feet of triple hose. It keeps the knee at a constant 47 degrees. 




The instructions were to wait 24 hours then remove the bandages, take a shower, and replace the bandages with a couple band-aids. I was told to expect three little spots of blood when the dressing was removed, what I found instead was a sopping wet pile of red soaked cotton batting and gauze. The top hole above the knee looks like a fresh bullet hole and was still leaking blood. So, the area has been recovered and re-wrapped in gauze. Now I'm back to waiting for it to heal.

In the mean time I have on and off care from my adopted. Since there is no real food in the house, (I eat out...a lot), today's dinner was Chinese, and so is tomorrows lunch.

The woman who went into surgery before me didn't make out so well. She left in an ambulance and there was a lot of paperwork being filled out.




No comments:

Post a Comment